Performing arts ranges from acting, to dancing to live art projects, and there are of plenty of opportunities to get involved and find support for developing ideas in the Midlands.
- DanceXchange provides artistic support, education, performances and participation opportunities, and advocates for dance at all levels.
- Youth Dance England works towards creating opportunities for young people in dance, in and out of a school setting. They also offer advice, training, support and resources to both young people and those who have developed, or are thinking about developing, a career in dance.
- Dancescape is a development organisation for Solihull, Coventry and Warwickshire.
- The Stage provides industry news, events, advice, classifieds and audition listings
- Box of Frogs is an improv group held in Moseley every Tuesday night.
- The Traditional Arts Team have a range of social meets and workshops in performance, music and storytelling around the West Midlands.
- Sampad is a development agency for South Asian arts, they also offer work placements and opportunities for performance and artist development.
- Live Art Development Agency offers offers resources, professional development initiatives, and projects for the support and development of live art practices and critical discourses in the UK and internationally.
- Fierce Platinum Scheme supports live artists with a platform to present work in progress, and to develop individual learning plans, provide artist-led workshops and one to one mentoring from a practicing artist.
- Community Dance provides professional development with resources for funding and useful contacts within the dance industry.
- Motionhouse are based in Leamington Spa and offer professional development and training for dance artists and dance teachers, along with student placements.
(Image by Hey nadders)