Jobplot aims to provide information that is accessible to all user groups. The following features aim to enhance navigation for screen reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers.
Structured, semantic markup
This site’s markup (HTML) is semantically correct, using HTML elements for their given purpose. Well structured HTML has semantic meaning for a wide range of user agents (browsers without style sheets, text browsers, PDAs, search engines etc.)
All content images used in this site include descriptive alt attributes. Purely decorative graphics include empty alt attributes.
Font sizes You may change the font size of this document to your preference through your browser: In Internet Explorer, select View, then Text Size, and then your preferred size. In Netscape select View, then Text Zoom, and then your preferred percentage size.
Style sheets This site uses Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for visual layout. If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the use of structured semantic markup ensures that the content of each page is still readable and clearly structured.
Forms All forms follow a logical Tab sequence.
1.1 We do not permit you to post job advertisments if you are an employment agency or an employment business (as defined by the Employment Agencies Act 1973 (‘the Act’)).
1.2 Jobplot has rules regarding the content and format of Job Advertisements whose purpose is to ensure that users who search the Site jobs database get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible. You agree that Jobplot may, at its discretion and without liability to you, remove from the Site any Job Advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules. The rules may change from time to time and you are advised to refer to them regularly.
The rules are:
1. No duplicating of jobs at the expense of other clients’ jobs.
2. No gratuitous use of keywords in job descriptions or job titles. Gratuitous means deliberately inserting words, strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
3. Job Advertisements placed must be for genuine vacancies only, and not for other products or services, either relating to or unrelated to recruitment.
4. URLs or email links (live or text only) are not permitted in the body copy of the job description page. Email links are permitted from the ‘send an email’ link and url linking is permitted from the ‘apply online’ link.
1.3 Job Advertisements which appear to discriminate on grounds of age, sex, race or disability are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. If Jobplot believes that a Job Advertisement may be discriminatory it may at its discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from the Site without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
1.4 You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to Job Advertisements that you have posted and Jobplot does not guarantee any response to your Advertisements or that responses will be from individuals suitable for the job advertised. It is your responsibility to carry out such checks and procedures as are necessary to ensure that candidates are suitable for the job advertised and have the required qualifications and personal characteristics.
1.5 Job Advertisements that you post may also appear on third party recruitment websites pursuant to agreements from time to time between Jobplot and the proprietors of such websites.
Content of All Advertisements
2.1 All Advertisements must comply with the following terms and conditions:
1. You warrant to Jobplot that any Advertisement is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights.
2. You warrant that any Advertisement that you submit and the language that you use in it is not obscene, abusive, hateful, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person.
3. You agree not to post any Advertisement which is deliberately intended to upset other users, to breach confidence, to compromise privacy or to process personal data in an unauthorised manner.
4. You agree not to post any Advertisement which may encourage criminal conduct or which may give rise to civil liability, or which is otherwise unlawful.
5. You agree not to place within any Advertisement any links where those links take users to unlawful material or material that contravenes these terms.
6. You agree not to post any Advertisement which contravenes the relevant codes of conduct imposed by the Advertising Standards Authority.
7. You agree not to post, upload or otherwise transmit any Advertisement which:
a. infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect;
b. will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; or
c. may bring Jobplot into disrepute.
8. You agree not to use the Service for:
a. the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, “affiliate schemes”, or any other so called “business opportunity” or any other form of solicitation or commercial exploitation;
b. for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
2.3 You acknowledge that any breach of the terms/warranties given above may cause Jobplot damage or loss and you agree to indemnify Jobplot in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage that it incurs as a result of publishing material that you submit to it, including consequential losses.
2.4 Jobplot may publish and make available to the public by any means any Advertisement that you submit, post, upload, email or otherwise transmit to it at their sole discretion and they shall be entitled to make additions or deletions to any such material prior to publication.
2.5 If your Advertisement links to another website via our external apply online option or otherwise, you are responsible for maintaining the links and for the content of your Advertisement and the linked website. Jobplot may remove from the Site any Advertisement which contains content or links to a website which, in Jobplot’s opinion, is defamatory, illegal or objectionable or will bring Jobplot into disrepute. You will indemnify Jobplot from and against any claims or liability arising from the content of websites that are linked to from your Advertisement.
2.6 Jobplot reserves the right to remove your Advertisements completely if Jobplot believes that you are abusing the Service in any way.